Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome 2011

Happy New Year! I hope that 2011 brings everyone inspiration, love, peace, prosperity, happiness, good health, and most of all many blessings from our Lord.

Yesterday was a busy day for Bill and I.  We had been putting off cleaning our bedroom closet and decided yesterday was the day to tackle the job. We started sorting and purging clothes we haven't worn around 9 AM and finished just before noon.  We each ended up with a wash basket full of clothes and shoes we no longer wanted.  Everything was loaded into the car and dropped in a used clothing box.  We grabbed a quick sandwich and then went to BJ's for our bottled water and food items.  BJ's was packed as was the highway to get there.  We managed to just concentrate on the items we needed and we were in and out in less than 45 minutes.

Bill and I are not into the New Years celebrating and partying and are usually in bed before the ball drops.  We did a little early celebratory dinner at a local Longhorn restaurant.  This place was packed also and we waited 30 minutes for a table.  We both had French Onion Soup, Tossed Salad, and then Filet with Lobster Tail, Bill with a baked potato and I had mashed potatoes. Dinner was good but we noticed that all the serving sizes were on the small side and it seemed the pricing was a little higher than normal.  I guess that's what they do for a holiday.

I didn't get to make Christmas cards this year so I decided to send out photo cards for the New Year.  I had the cards printed at Walgreens, they usually do a good job with my photo printing plus they are very fast. This is the photo I chose:

Now I just have to address my envelopes and get them at in the mail.  Well Bloggers that's all for today.  Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment