Sunday, May 3, 2009

Off and Running

Welcome everyone to my first ever blog!

It's kinda of exciting as I sit at my computer thinking about the different posts and thoughts I'll be sending your way. I hope to keep you entertained and perhaps share some ideas along the way. Please feel free to leave comments and your thoughts also for I would also like to hear about you and from you.

I guess the best way for you to get to know me would be to start with a little on my life. I am married to the most wonderful man...really I mean that, but please don't tell him. When I tell him how I feel about him he gets all emotional...not a pretty site, just ask any of our children. Bill is kind, thoughtful and hard working. We are fortunate in that our marriage is strong and our hearts are happy. Bill has been a wonderful father to our children and will do anything for them. He is especially thrilled right now for we became grandparents for the first time two weeks ago to an absolutely beautiful little girl.

Our four children are all grown now. Tracy our oldest is married and lives with her husband Erick in the Poconos in Pennsylvania. Both Tracy and Erick work out of their home, Tracy as a digital designer and Erick with his own Internet sports memorabilia company.

Our second is our son Chris who has been married now for about a year and a half to Marcy. Chris and Marcy are the new proud parents of our granddaughter Mackenzie. She is an absolute angel and I can't begin to express how very blessed we feel to have her in our lives. When people ask me "how does it feel to be a grandmother", it's hard to put into words this feeling of heart swelling love. Don't get me wrong, I love each and everyone one of children, but the love of a grandchild is so much deeper.

Our third is Tim. Tim is our surpriser. All through his youth and watching him develop into the person he was becoming I thought that this will be the one of children to settle the furthest away from us. How wrong was I? Tim and his girlfriend, Dana, bought a house right down the block from us...only ten doors away! Chris often teases about the parallels to the TV show "Everyone Loves Raymond", but that's not true...at least I don't think so.

And finally our fourth is our daughter Katie. Katie stills lives at home. She has graduated from college some years back and works as an assistant manager for a local supermarket chain. Her hours are long and her dedication to her job is not surprising, because when Kate makes a commitment to something she holds fast and doesn't give up.
That's a brief little glimpse to the family side of my life. In coming posts I'm sure I'll be sharing more about family. Tomorrow we'll start to get down to the nit and gritty...ME!
Until then, have a wonderful Sunday and keep a smile in your heart.

Donna

1 comment:

  1. Hi Donna, congratulations on starting a new blog. Everything looks wonderful! Also wanted to drop in and tell you that you were one of my Vintage Ribbon winners from the Cuttlebug Spa Weekend Blog! :) You can find my email on my blog profile!

    ReplyDelete